cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has happened to eBay search feature?

I've called eBay twice. Nothing has changed. I search for specific items like I have always done and nothing but weird categories come up with unrelated items I'm looking for. This has been going on for second week now. If it's not fixed soon, I will not be buying much here anymore cause I can't find what I'm looking for under categories I used to shop. Has there been a major category mix up/change in the past two weeks or is it something broken with eBay search feature???

Thanks in advance for any information to help me understand what is going on with search feature here.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: What has happened to eBay search feature?

eBay has reorganized some categories, which has caused some disruption and some broken links. Some smaller categories have been removed.

You should still be able to find items, though you may not be able to browse the categories you are used to.

Try searching for an item using a keyword. If you are not looking for a specific item, use a general keyword from the category name. If necessary, change to the category you are interested in using the links on the left side of the search results page. Finally, scroll down the left side of the page to see what filters are available to refine your search further.

If you provide some details of what you are searching for, someone may be able to provide a link as a starting point for your search.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I've tried that but it's all jumbled up with nothing that makes sense. I am searching for an "antique bear" and all this crud comes up under bears clothing and accessories. It makes zero sense. Who ever was the "brain" eBay executive was who approved using less categories and creating such a mess that makes no sense search wise should get a piece of coal in their Christmas stocking.  I will shop much less than before as I will need to go through thousands of bear listings just to find what I want, ... "antique bears". 

I quit selling eight years ago due to eBay corporate rule changes and fee increases. Now the corporate changes are affecting my shopping experience? eBay must not want my money bad enough. Bet the sellers feel this change in a major way. Wow, ... truly a bad call eBay corporate. 

Thank goodness I already had what I really wanted in my "watch" list for several weeks. I can locate it easily in my watch list with zero searching. I'll make my purchase, .... then buh bye. I will look on Etsy and Ruby Lane and Face Book before resorting to eBay.

Not a problem for me to switch to Etsy and Ruby Lane and FB for my antique teddy bears and antique dolls.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply