cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating a Tracking Number for a purchased shipping label

I am trying to figure out how to change the tracking number for an item that I just sold.  I ended up selling an item and printing a UPS shipping label.  However, I noticed that the insurance offered wasnt enough to cover the item ($999 maximum).  Because of this, I ended up just paying again for shipping.  When I went to cancel the old shipping, I got the following message:

garcia799_0-1654027519651.png

This would normally be good, because I guess I wont be charged for the label I purchased through eBay.  However, when I went to changed the tracking number on the item, I got the following message:

garcia799_1-1654027622872.png

So I can't cancel/void the original label because I don't need a refund, but if I cannot cancel it, I cannot update the tracking number.  Anyone run into this problem before and/or have a solution to be able to successfully update the tracking.  I already messaged the buyer with the updated information but as this was a high price item, I would like for all of the information to be correct so that I can avoid any problems. 

Thanks, 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Updating a Tracking Number for a purchased shipping label

Are you able to open the "Additional tracking number" option and add your new number there?

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply