cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwarranted Refund

I sold an item in November to a buyer who is also an active seller, much more than I am, I might add.  The buyer contacted me in early December stating that I had misrepresented the product as new and it was defective.  I referred the buyer to the posting, which clearly listed the item as used, and further stated that the item had been in storage for a lengthy period of time.  I advised the buyer that even though I did not in any way misrepresent the item, I would be willing to accept the return (as I knew I could sell the item again without any problem).  He began insisting I approve the return through eBay.  I told him, no, as I would not accept responsibility for the return freight and further the refund would be for the actual price of the item only.  I contacted eBay at that time via phone, speaking to a gentleman by the name of Jose.  He reviewed everything in the listing, along with photos, as well as photos submitted by the buyer and totally agreed that I had in no way misrepresented the item and further that I was under no obligation to accept the return at all and if I decided to accept the return, in no way should I be responsible for the shipping.  He stated all the information would be input into the file and then when the final date for consideration was reached (where they either approved or disapproved the return), the person reviewing would have all the information, as he had already completed the review.  Guess what?  They authorized the return and pulled the return shipping from my PayPal account.  I filed another request, providing them with the information and Jose's name, etc. and stated I was willing to refund the actual buying price, minus the shipping I had been charged.  They advised they would review and then.......issued full refund without any further communication, other than to say, we reviewed and gave him the refund anyway.  Could it be because I have 400 positive reviews and he has 3800?   I'm thinking I'm finished with eBay.  I have never cheated anyone.  Guess that doesn't count for anything.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)