cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TROUBLE WITH FREIGHT HANDLING SERVICE ADDRESSES

Ebay mentor is way overrated. In no way do I consider any emploee of ebay a mentor. But I do consider other ebay members who buy or sell a mentor. So I am asking active knowledgeable members if they have shipped to freight forwarding addresses in Delaware. And had issues with package delivery going into limbo. This is the 3rd time I have had issues with addresses that turn out to be freight forwading operations in Delaware. The buyer being an overseas ebay member. I opted out of international shipping after ebay forced sellers into it. Basically due to the high cost of shipping and the fact that ebay fees the seller on the shipping easily erasing any profit margin. And potential damages due to excessive handling in transit. Please share any advice on if I should add do not ship to freight forwarding services on my listings. Thank you

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: TROUBLE WITH FREIGHT HANDLING SERVICE ADDRESSES

Yes. Block freight handling forwarding addresses. This will save you much aggrivation. Your welcome.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I've shipped to freight forwarders many times and haven't had any problems.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi @snowbo4772 

Over the years I have shipped to a number of Buyers who use east coast Freight Forwarding companies without any issue ... and yes, quite a few were in Delaware ... New Castle seems to ring a bell.   I live about 45 minutes from there LOL!  

Sellers are only responsible to the US address with regard to returns.  

I have also sold to a number of Buyers in Asian countries and their forwarding services are on the west coast ... 

As to adding any notes on your listing that is certainly your option but unless it is a selection choice on the eBay Listing tool it is a meaningless statement as far as eBay is concerned.  When PayPal was the Payment Processor they had a setting that blocked foreign funding sources which was beneficial.  eBay via Adyen (Dutch Payment Processor) has elected not to do that for some strange reason ... 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 4 of 4
latest reply