cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sterling Silver Bracelet sold, Seller claims arrived damaged

I sold two items to a buyer, to my surprise received Request for refund on one item, seller took pictures that showed the damage. One important, medallion like piece according to Buyer had come "unglued". Here is the funny thing I have sold on EBAY since 2008 and have never had a return, so far all perfect. Now of course I looked at pictures sent to me by buyer and looks like it did come apart? So I immediately followed prompts for a return and refund. I did not see where I could get the item back first. and then issue refund of course. Return label was done, not heard a peep from Buyer, now I am waiting to get item back? Question, since the money for refund was already taken out of my account what are my chances of getting my item back? By the way nothing was glued on the bracelet it was soldered, I wore it for years, but I did not want any issues with my 100% feedback. I cannot tell if Buyer was already refunded, did all kinds of research already on that issue.

Ebay info does not exactly give a step-by-step guide.  Looks to me like Buyer can keep item, and paid nothing for it? As of this moment.

Thanks much for any help.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Sterling Silver Bracelet sold, Seller claims arrived damaged

If the buyer has already been refunded, the buyer has not received notice to return item.  You would have had to issue a Prepaid Return Shipping Label.  Usually, the return is done first, and once seller receives the item back, he has two days to issue a refund.  Chances are your buyer will keep the item.

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I did issue a Return Label right away, but it looks like Ebay immediately then also started refund.

Looks like to me like RSL and refund are done together??? 

At least in my case.

I will change/ add a specific refund detail with my listings.  Ahhhh live and learn. 

Thank you so much for taking time to respond to my question.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You are welcome

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Glad I was patient, all good, did receive bracelet back.  live and learn, cool buyer, all happy in the future more 

specific when it comes to my Return Paragraph. 

Very grateful for answers

Message 5 of 5
latest reply