cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should buyers respond to communicate with sellers??

Fourteen years ago i had a buyer that does not know the meaning of the word CORRESPOND. Needless to say, she got negative feedback ( in the days sellers were able to do so ) and i relisted the item.

48 hours ago i had an auction won and i contacted the buyer...To this date, ( A COMPLETE 2 DAYS AFTERWARDS ) i have not heard a word from them. The money is not the reason. The fact is if sellers have to communicate with buyers, why is it that buyers cannot do the same???  Do buyers expect sellers to read their minds?? I was wondering if anyone has any of this problem???

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Should buyers respond to communicate with sellers??

If the buyer has not paid by day 4, on day 5 the seller can file a Cancellation with the reason Buyer didn't pay. The seller gets his/her FVF credited, the buyer gets an unpaid strike recorded on his account, no one can leave feedback. Two or more unpaid strikes, and the buyer will find it difficult to bid/buy from sellers who block buyers with 2 or more unpaid strikes. Do you have your Buyer Blocks in place?

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@oz_in_ohio,

"48 hours ago i had an auction won and i contacted the buyer...To this date, ( A COMPLETE 2 DAYS AFTERWARDS ) i have not heard a word from them".

Your buyer could be on vacation or just away for the weekend,  and not paying much attention to their account.  Maybe you'll hear from them today.

What reason do you have for contacting the buyer?  These days "Communication" between sellers and buyers is rarely needed. If this is about payment @disneyshopper , already told you what you can do.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I can't imagine why you would need to talk with you buyer.

When they win ebay gives buyers 4 full days to pay.

By the way you are violating ebay policy by requesting buyers pay via Paypal. 

Buyers are required to use the PAY NOW icon to pay for items ON EBAY and are free to choose from ebay's allowed payment methods.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I communicate with all my buyers and send them the invoice...Maybe you dont but i show my buyers the manners they should get when doing business...

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Send a non payer bidder alert

Message 6 of 6
latest reply