cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller feedback 100%, is that believable?

As a buyer I feel quite safe on eBay but I came across a seller which displays 100% feedback even so there is discrepancy among numbers.

The numbers are:

1) 80.000 items sold but only 2.000 positive feedback.

2) Then going deep in the seller profile, eBay tells me that "seller feedback 30.000".

Now this is my question, is this seller a GOD because after 80K sold items they display a 100% positive feedback?

Why the discrepancy among "items sold", "positive feedback" AND "seller feedback"?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Seller feedback 100%, is that believable?

Keep in mind a few things:

Feedback is voluntary, and not all users leave feedback.

Users can also get feedback for buying as well as selling.

Feedback for multiple purchases or sales in the same week only count once toward the feedback number, so if many of the sales were for multiple items to the same buyer in the same week, that would only result in an increase of one in the feedback number.

If the seller has 30,000 feedback for selling, then the 2,000 number must be for something else such as feedback received in the last year, or feedback for a particular item.

Top rated sellers that offer free returns are able to have some negative feedback removed if the buyer is refunded fully.

Feedback higher than 99.95% is rounded up to 100%, so a high feedback seller can still have a few negatives and still show 100% feedback.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks that makes sense.

But as a buyer I see the 100% positive feedback as something that has been manipulated with numbers and rules rather than it displaying the real purpose of a feedback.

The main reason why I came across this seller is because I bought an item which is different from the listing pictures, yet the seller became defensive and rude by labeling me as a troublemaker so I thought how can they have a 100% positive feedback when they behave like this way?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

If you look at their FB profile page, you can see how many FB were revised.  Larger sellers and Chinese sellers seem to have a different set of rules.  As a small seller, I can assure you my FB is legit.  I work very hard at customer service.  Yet, only about 40% of my buyers leave FB.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 4
latest reply