cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller chose wrong reason for refund

I would love to get some help with this as it's hard to find a way to ask eBay about it has nothing really fits the situation.

Essentially the seller sent my item to someone else and I never received it. They issued a refund but the reason they gave was that the buyer requested a cancellation, which is not correct obviously. Doesn't this reason count against me as a buyer and isn't this unfair? I requested the seller change the reason that they said that's the only reason they had to choose from.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It does not count against you, but the seller did it to avoid it counting against him.  He should have selected 'I am out of stock'.  You can report the violation.

Use this page - https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022

Select violated policy, then select doesn't want to complete transaction.  In the box write 'seller cancelled as buyer requested to avoid a defect for a seller cancelled transaction'.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It does not count against you, but the seller did it to avoid it counting against him.  He should have selected 'I am out of stock'.  You can report the violation.

Use this page - https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022

Select violated policy, then select doesn't want to complete transaction.  In the box write 'seller cancelled as buyer requested to avoid a defect for a seller cancelled transaction'.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@toevlugsoord,

If the seller messaged you explaining the issue, and asked if you wanted to wait until they got it back or an immediate refund? If you told them to refund you then you did request cancelling the sale.

Whether or not the excuse was real might be discerned by looking at their feedback profile.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 3
latest reply