cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller cancels transaction, refunds Paypal, ostensibly "out of stock", but says didn't charge enough

I just had a seller cancel an order after I had already paid via Paypal. They stated that the item was a "drop-ship" item, and the company had a set shipping price that they did not pass on to me, so they were cancelling. However, they cancelled under Ebay's very loose "item broken or no longer available" policy. Of course the seller still shows the item as being just as available as when I thought I bought it, but with a high shipping price, higher than any other I see for the same commodity item.  To me this is bad business. Is that considered bad business to Ebay? I.E., does the seller get a dinger for such a cancellation?

I don't want to be punitive, but it is important to know that a seller is going to perform when it's reasonable for them to do so. This was not an expensive item to buy or to ship. There were other sellers selling for close to the same price, including shipping, when I decided on this 100% feedback seller.  I say that the seller should have just sucked it up and paid the small additional shipping cost. But what I say doesn't really matter. Still, that is what I would have done on a similarly priced item. I certainly wouldn't cancel the transaction saying that I didn't have it available and then put it back up at a different price, proving it was.

Sometimes you just have to put on your big-girl/boy pants and follow through, even if you don't make anything. I recently sold a pair of new sandals for a nice loss. Did I like it? No, but I sent it out to the happy buyer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)