cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking successful Ebay Reselling Mentor

I am somewhat new to becoming just more than hobby sales and have attempted to navigate my way reselling vintage Fishing items on Ebay. I have done some looking around and hI have noticed a couple of different stategies of like minded operations and I dont really understand their reasoning for doing what they do and how the decide to get it done. I am simply seeking an Ebay seller that has built what they have from nothing as I am, and have scaled what they have into a very profitable business. I just have tons of questions about strategy, organization, bookkeeping, sourcing and more but this forum is not a place just for just conversating back and forth and getting the vast amounts of information I need or a fast as I need it. Would anyone out there be willing to take a phone call and let me pick their brain just a little to maybe save me some of the learning the hard way like usual? Thank you in advance for your help and kindness with my vast amounts of curiosity. I'm just gonna make this happen this time, hard way or not, I'm not giving up!  Kevin @bassfishingar

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Seeking successful Ebay Reselling Mentor

We don't offer personal mentoring, and truthfully, you will get a wider range of expertise if you ask specific questions here on the board.

So many things are specific to the type of item you are selling, there is no one size fits all answer.

Start by looking at successful sellers in your category - how do they list - auctions or fixed price, best offer or not, free shipping or not.  Use the price research tool to see what gets the best prices overall -

https://www.ebay.com/sh/research?marketplace=EBAY-US&tabName=SOLD - but then also look at who does the best volume.

Then come back here with specific questions, and many mentors will offer opinions and advice.

Good luck!

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for the response. I have already done that and I have found more than one approach. How would I find out who sells more volume or has a higher margin?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

There is no way to know your competitors’ margins, since you don’t know their product costs.

To see who does what kind of volume, you need to spend the time digging through the sold listings.  This is the last 90 days of sales.  Click on an item, then click see seller’s other items, then select sold items to see what that seller has sold in the last 90 days.

You can also get an idea of the larger sellers in your category by looking at active items in the same way.  I prefer looking at sold, since a seller can list a lot of items at a too high price and not generate the sales.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply