cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed by seller

So I ordered a gallon jug of Mighty Mint peppermint spray from a seller who had it for a really good price, making the mistake of not checking their feedback. When I checked, the seller had sold 8 items but had no feedback, which made me nervous. I decided to cancel the order the next day. Seller responded with a message, apologizing for the inconvenience and stated I would receive a refund in 4-5 days. Today, 4 days later, still no refund and I got a message saying my cancellation was rejected. I tried to contact the seller again but no reply. Since I last checked, they've now sold 11 items, and there is now 1 negative feedback. I tried to contact ebay about this seller, but there's no direct link to customer service. It says I have to wait until July 20 if I don't receive my item then I can request a refund from the seller. Clearly this seller has no intention of sending the item. I left negative feedback, but is there any other way I can try to get my money back?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Scammed by seller

You must wait until the item delivery is past due before you can request a refund.

After the last expected delivery date, go to your purchase history - select 'I haven't received it' and follow the prompts.

The seller has 3 business days to provide tracking that shows delivery, or a refund.  If he doesn't, go to your case and click 'ask us to step in'.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you anyway. The problem resolved itself, as I finally heard back from the seller, who issued a full refund. I also changed my feedback for them to positive, so now they have one positive, one negative, and apparently 9 sales with no feedback.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I take that back - seller now has 1 positive feedback (mine), and must be somehow hiding their negative feedback.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply