cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return policy wording

Quick question... I've been selling for a while now, and I believe I take care of my buyers the best I can, but there are some items that need a bit more warranty to cover my behind if the buyer wants to return something. 

If you see wording such as this:

"Please read the entire listing prior to purchase. 20% restock fee may applies when items are bought in the customer error, buyer pays return shipping. We assume you have done your homework and are buying based off the manufacture part #, photos are for reference only and do not always include everything shown. please refer to manufacture website or email us if you have any questions before you buy. Items that have been installed are covered under the manufacture warranty and no longer returnable for a refund . *We must be notified within 24 hours of receipt of any missing, defective or damaged goods. *All returned items must be in original, non-modified, undamaged packaging. We will not accept returns with damaged, modified (including writing or marks) or missing packaging and will return your package to you without refund. *THERE ARE NO RETURNS ON ELECTRICAL ITEMS. Open and installed items that are deemed defective become a warranty issue not a return for refund *Proper shipping insurance MUST be used on all returns!!"

Does eBay REALLY look at that if there is a dispute and make a judgement call? My experience says no, they always side with the buyer which is why I have stopped putting stuff like this in my listings, but, when push comes to shove, is this just to make customers think twice about buying from a seller who has this? Based on they actually READ that part, which again, my experience, is a big fat no. I think if they actually read it, they may look for somewhere else to buy it from.

Thanks for your input all!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)