cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return of Refunds

If a seller issues a customer requested refund because the customer did not receive their order but then the item does arrive in the mail at a later date, what happens? Does the seller get paid? 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Return of Refunds

@tom65.2013 

eBay won't pay you, it's up to the honesty of the buyer to do that.

Most buyers are honest, they do come to the boards here to ask how to repay a seller in cases like this.

If it never shows up you know there is $20 shipping protection on eBay Standard Envelope - you have to wait 30 days before filing.

How to file details are on this Help page -

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-standard-envelope?id=...

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Return of Refunds

Thank you very much. I'm new to all this, I really appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Tom

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Return of Refunds

@tom65.2013 

You're welcome. Good luck selling!

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Return of Refunds

Thanks!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Return of Refunds

Good afternoon,

Late yesterday the customer to whom a I issued a refund contacted me to say he just received his purchase! Can you tell me what the procedure is for him to now pay me?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Return of Refunds

@tom65.2013 

That's good!

eBay doesn't have any option to invoice a buyer again, so it has to be done differently.

You can ask if they use PayPal and for their PP email and invoice them that way, or pay with Zelle or Venmo if you both agree.

Or to keep it on eBay another Mentor suggests set up a "Specialty Service > Other Specialty Service" listing here on eBay not for the item again, but titled "Repay refunded ordered now delivered" or similar and they can pay from that. Give the buyer the Item# to find and pay from.

Example of that Category to use at the top of this listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274473151182

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Return of Refunds

Thanks again.  Being able to chat with the community is a fine service.

Tom 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Return of Refunds

The buyer has stated that he did in fact receive his order but only after I issued a refund. I have requested payment from him but with no response. Can or will e-bay apply any pressure on the customer? I assume this would not qualify for the $20.00 shipping protection plan, correct? Sorry to be such a bother but this sticks in my craw. Thanks again.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Return of Refunds

@tom65.2013 

That's frustrating the buyer won't pay you back - and here I thought you were done with this lol

Since it was delivered it won't qualify for the $20 shipping protection.

Contact eBay CS for help or at the very least a courtesy refund.

I doubt they contact buyers in situations like this, but they may be able to help you out.

Go to this linked page below, click "Have us call you" or "chat with us"

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Return of Refunds

I'll give it a shot. Thanks again.!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply