cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return label/package not accepted by USPS

Hi All,

I opened a return case for an item I purchased that I attempted to cancel 3 minutes after placing the order since I noticed it was the incorrect item, based on the part number.

I use a forwarding office service,  so as soon as I was notified the item was delivered at the office I opened a return case, I shared the  return label as soon as I received it, followed the instructions of the return process but the forwarding office reached out to let me know that USPS was been rejecting to receive the return label/package since there is a mismatch in between the package size/weight and what is covered by the label.

I contacted the seller but since the very beginning even when I reached them out to cancel the order it's been hard to get a prompt response, and I haven't been able to get help or a proper help channel in ebay.

I received the refund around 24 hrs after opening the return case, and I don't want to affect my buyer record for something I'm not being able to return.

This is the first return case I've ever opened in any ecommerce platform so I don't know what to do.

Any advice?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Return label/package not accepted by USPS

@palacgt2014 

If you have already received your refund, your return is closed - the item actually does not have to be returned. Your seller may or may not understand this.

Message your seller and let him know that if he wants the item returned, he must provide a correct return label. Set a deadline - tell him if no label is received by 4/xx (pick a date) that the item will be donated, or recycled.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply