cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Shipment to china cost more than the item

It cost more to return the item than the cost of the item.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@wstewkim  What is the reason for the return?   That determines who pays return shipping.  

If you let me know the reason for the return I can advise you as to what your options are.   

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I plugged it in my Samsung S20 Plus and I get this message "The connected USB device is not supported".  I shouldn't have to pay for the return. I want a working device.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I will accept the full refund.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Did you open a return with the reason item was not as described?  You paid for a working item and it doesn't work.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@wstewkim wrote:

I plugged it in my Samsung S20 Plus and I get this message "The connected USB device is not supported".  I shouldn't have to pay for the return. I want a working device.

You have 30 days from the date of delivery to file a not as described refund request.    Have filed the request?    The seller pays return shipping no matter where they are located.  The only difference with China returns  ( or returns to other countries)  is they have to send you the $ to your PayPal account to pay return shipping BEFORE you return the item.  

99% of the time the China seller will issue a full refund instead of paying return shipping and then refunding you because return shipping costs too much.   Also ALL returns to China MUST ship via Priority Mail so you have tracking proof of delivery.  

These are the steps you need to take. 

#1  File a not as described refund request a reason such as:  Doesn't work / defective  OR doesn't match pictures or description.    Select the item on this page to start the return or from your purchase history> 

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/returning-item?id=4041

#2  Once you file the case ask eBay to step in on the 4th Business day if the seller has not issued a FULL refund or sent enough money to your PayPal account to pay return shipping using Priority Mail.   ( Like I said doubtful that they will send the money for shipping)  

How to ask us to step in

1. Find the item in your Purchases.
  2. Select See request details (if your item didn't arrive) or See return details (if you're trying to return an item).
  3. Select Ask eBay to step in and help.
  4. Select a reason from the dropdown menu, then select Confirm.

Do NOT accept promises of replacement items from the seller.  Get a FULL refund then if you wish to buy from the same seller again you can.  If you wait for a replacement your case will time out and you will lose.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 6 of 6
latest reply