cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply with offer

I received a message from a teacher who wants a discount on a large lot of books. When I click on "reply with offer"..........it doesn't work. I actually talked to a live person who was very nice and I believed her when she told me it would be taken care of within 24 hours. That was on 2/2/2022 . I got an email acknowledging the conversation but it's still not working? Now what?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Reply with offer

@patso330 

At this point, instead of waiting on eBay, I would try to revise/edit the listing to add "Best Offer" or revise the price to the discounted amount for the teacher to purchase it.

I only see 2 other recent posts about this same issue, but they were able to get it to work apparently.

U.S. Community Volunteer

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I received a 2nd email from eBay that is page after page of letters numbers symbols that make no sense

and the reply with offer is still not working.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@patso330 

When you say it "doesn't work" what does that mean - is there an error message, or nothing happens at all?

You're trying to use the "reply with offer" button from the buyer's original message?

Have you tried it from different browsers - Firefox, Chrome, Edge

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I get an  error message that says it's over 90 days old and I can't respond and then when I go to the listing and try it I get "there are no eligible buyers for offers".  EBay has acknowledged there is a problem so now I wait. Thanks for your input, Pat

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@patso330

Have  you tried to open their Message from your Messages Inbox instead - usually that works for anyone getting the "over 90 days" error.

https://mesg.ebay.com/mesgweb/ViewMessages/0/All

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it every way possible. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@patso330 

At this point, instead of waiting on eBay, I would try to revise/edit the listing to add "Best Offer" or revise the price to the discounted amount for the teacher to purchase it.

I only see 2 other recent posts about this same issue, but they were able to get it to work apparently.

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 7 of 7
latest reply