cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding best offers, why does Ebay now demand immediate payment on each item?

I notice some change in how Ebay handles best offers.  First you can't group a best offer item(s) into your cart unless you pay full value. Secondly,  Ebay now demand immediate payment on each best offer item if the seller agrees to the price. I called Ebay and was told that this change was put in so that the seller would get paid quicker. This new feature does not make sense if you are buying multiple items and you are looking for combined shipping and one charge. This happened twice to me.

Ebay suggested that I contact the seller , then pay thru the cart and request a refund on the multiple best offers and the excess shipping charges. Has anyone else experienced this? Suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @dirmarc 

I think the prepayment on offers is something that is still being tested … but I’m not sure.

The reason for the change is because too many buyers weren’t paying the seller after their offer was accepted.

Should this become a permanent policy … I think we may need to contact sellers before making any formal offers if we are interested in   buying several items.  We’d need to tell the seller which items we’re interested in AND our location … and reach an agreement on item and shipping costs. Then maybe the seller could create a new listing for us for all those items.

OR maybe eBay will come up with a new system for making offers on multiple items that includes combining shipping  … IF prepayment becomes a permanent thing.  🤔

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If you want to make multiple offers to the same seller, contact them first and ask them if they'll turn off the immediate payment for offers.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 3
latest reply