cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this suspicious?

Hi all!

On Thursday afternoon I sent an offer to 4 watchers of an item I had listed for sale and within minutes I received a counteroffer. I thought about waiting it out, but it was within the amount I would consider and decided to accept 10 minutes after I received it. The item was not expensive - we're talking a total of $11.xx with shipping, so I thought this would be a quick payment situation, get it in the mail and be done with it.

But now I'm 3 days into it and have received no payment, nor any return communication from the buyer.

Here's where I'm wondering if it's suspicious. The counteroffer came from and my first payment reminder went to username123456 with 100% good feedback. But when I look at the item waiting for payment now, it is a completely different username. I have never encountered something like that before?

Is it normal to revise your ID? And if you're on eBay to do that why wouldn't you pay or communicate with the seller of an item you bought?

Not sure what kind of reassurance I'm looking for 🙂

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Is this suspicious?

I've never seen anything like this. All I can say is if it is not paid for in 4 days cancel the order as buyer did not pay and relist.

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Is this suspicious?

I've never seen anything like this. All I can say is if it is not paid for in 4 days cancel the order as buyer did not pay and relist.

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Is this suspicious?

Yep, it will auto cancel tomorrow afternoon! It is just super frustrating to me that this person has now tied up my sale and the opportunity I gave to the other buyers. 🙄

Message 3 of 3
latest reply