cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refusing a delivery

I had a package come from a seller with postage due of $60.30 because she sent it media mail in an over-sized box.  I requested a return slip and the seller accepted the request.  I had to go to the PO to refuse the package and that was fine but they didn't use the return eBay generated label, just marked the package as refused.  The original tracking # shows it is on its way back but I am not sure how to convey that info to my eBay claim.  Should I cancel the return and instead open a claim for 'item not received'?  As far as I know, the seller may be cooperative but they are going to find out that they can't get the package from th PO unless THEY come up with $60.30.  I am trying to preemptively sort out  any issues that might come up.  BTW, the item was purchased for $30.00 and the seller is newer.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Refusing a delivery

Do not close anything.  Ask for a call from customer service and explain what happened.  They should change your return to a not received, and then either immediately close it in your favor, or give the seller a chance to refund, then close it in your favor.

You can not open a not received after opening a return - you need customer service to handle it.

To speak to customer service, use the link on the left side of this page “have us call you” - https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

If you don't see 'have us call you' right under the chat link, click chat.  Then at the bottom of the chat topics, click more, then click contact an agent.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply