cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunds

How can I contact a real person to assist me in getting a refund from a seller that is delaying? There doesn't seem to be any option for this in the options on the app. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Refunds

@clbilli-7984 

Have you filed a refund request?

https://www.ebay.com/help/returns-refunds

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Refunds

I still haven't been able to get the refund for a faulty product that I have returned to the seller. The seller has been very dishonest. They delayed in processing my refund until 90 days had elapsed and then said they couldn't help me because it had been too long. I tried to dispute this with eBay but there is no way to dispute a refund request that is over 90 days. I have spent hours trying to do this. I then tried to get a refund through PayPal but they asked for the tracking number and I can't access it. The correspondence to the seller is in the eBay app and you can see where they sent me the return label but when I click on the box to get the tracking information, all I get is a blank page. I asked the seller and they say they can't give me the number. Is there ANYTHING i can do to get the tracking number or communicate with eBay? I hate to lose my money but I hate even more that this dishonest seller is going to get away with this scam. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Refunds

ebay's Money Back Guarantee expires 30 days after receipt of the item.

The easiest way is to go to your Purchase history, locate the item. You have 30 days from date of receipt.  Click on RETURN THIS ITEM because it is Not as Described. You will need to click on MORE to see that option. The seller will need to provide a prepaid shipping label for its return. You print out the label, affix it to the box, and have the counter clerk scan the label. When tracking shows DELIVERED back to the seller, the seller needs to refund you within 2 days. If no refund, go back to the case and click Ask ebay to step in, to force the refund.

If it is past 30 days, you file with Paypal, if that is how you paid, because they allow up to 180 days from date of transaction.  If you paid with a credit card, you can file a chargeback with your credit card company.

When you print the return shipping label, you will see the tracking number.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Refunds

I have done all of those things. The only question I need answered is how to view the tracking label after I used it. PayPal will not refund without the tracking number. The link in eBay messaging has been disabled. When I click on it all I see is a blank page. Any help would be appreciated. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Refunds

I would still love to have some help on this. Does anyone know how to get the tracking number for an item that I returned a couple of months ago? When I click the box that used to contain it in eBay messaging all I get is a blank page. Again, all I need is the tracking number that I can't get to show on eBay messages for this issue to be resolved. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Refunds

When you took the package to USPS to send back to the seller, did you get a receipt from the clerk when s/he scanned the label?  The tracking number would be on that receipt.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 7 of 7
latest reply