cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving an item that was not as described.

Hi, I wanted to ask other Sellers if they think something is fair for a buyer to ask. (I sell here as well, but I'm having an issue with a purchase.) I bought a used computer that came looking like new.  I started to use it and was looking at the specs.  It was supposed to have 320GB on the hard drive and it has 297GB.  Also, the Windows Experience Index was at 3.0.  I contacted the Seller and he said to send it back but I was really hard pressed having to go to the library everyday.  So, I worked on the pc for awhile and was able to get the Index up to 5.3 and I fixed the touch-pad that went out yesterday myself.  I then wrote him a message and told him all this and asked for a fair resolution without cancelling the whole thing, I said whatever he thought was fair.  He didn't answer.  Today was the last day to leave feedback and I wrote a neutral one then eBay wanted to know what happened.  So, now a case is open but the only option they gave was to ask for a replacement or ask for a refund.  So, I pressed ask for a refund, but in the comments sections I said that I didn't want a full refund and that I just wanted partial compensation, whatever he thought was fair and uploaded the proof photos that he had already been sent.  He could have even offered to send me software that would help my pc to be better, anything.  Does anyone think I did the wrong thing?  I can't send the computer back because I have sensitive government information on it now about the military.  Let me know what you think.

Michaela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)