cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REPORTING EBAY FRAUD/SCAM

I bought an item on Ebay and the seller shipped an empty envelope to be able to provide a tracking number.I contacted Ebay and Even though I have a picture of the empty envelope with tracking number sticker attached, a record of the shipment size and weight that could not possibly be the item i bought, and that the SELLER deactivated thier account so I could not leave negative feedback.  Ebay refused a refund and closed the case.  I wish Ebay would protect their buyers as much as the SCAMMING SELLERS which permeate the site. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

REPORTING EBAY FRAUD/SCAM

Ebay refused a refund and closed the case.

What kind of case did you file? If you filed an "item not received" case, that was the wrong type of case. The seller wins that by providing tracking that shows delivery.

If that is what you did, you may still be able to file a "not as described" return to get your money back.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-items-not-received-refunds-buyers/return-item-refund?id=404...

That is the appropriate case if you received something, but not what you ordered.

If you have waited too long or you are no longer able to get help from eBay, you may still have recourse through your payment method. Be sure to mention that the seller is no longer registered if that is the case.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply