cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questionable shipping location of Ebay seller

Is the following scenario a violation of Ebay selling policy or what?????I was viewing a listing of an item I wanted to purchase on Nov 1, 2022.  Seller's listing states, USA STOCK on their primary listing photo and that the item ships from New Jersey, United States (no city posted though). I sent a question to the seller on their listing and received a discombobulated sentence that was obviously poorly formulated by some sort of grammar app.  No where in the contents of the sentence was my question answered at all.  I looked further into the ABOUT section of the seller and it said they were located in China.  I read some of the seller's reviews from the "just the last month"  section, and a bunch of buyers were complaining about major delays in receiving their purchases.  Buyer's feedback went on to say that the item they purchased actually came from China and not the USA.  So  isn't this a violation of Ebay policy or not? If a listing I have on my computer screen clearly states "Shipping from New Jersey, United States in two different locations on their listing, then I have to assume this is factual.  I shouldn't have to be bothered with going to the seller's ABOUT page to verify seller's location.  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Questionable shipping location of Ebay seller

I shouldn't have to be bothered with going to the seller's ABOUT page to verify seller's location.

It is possible for a seller to be registered in one location and ship from another. Many sellers registered overseas actually have warehouses in the US. And some US-registered sellers may be drop shipping from overseas.

Not every seller follows policy as they should.

If you do not want to run the risk of a delayed shipment from overseas, then reading the seller's feedback page is a prudent move.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I shouldn't have to be bothered with going to the seller's ABOUT page to verify seller's location.

It is possible for a seller to be registered in one location and ship from another. Many sellers registered overseas actually have warehouses in the US. And some US-registered sellers may be drop shipping from overseas.

Not every seller follows policy as they should.

If you do not want to run the risk of a delayed shipment from overseas, then reading the seller's feedback page is a prudent move.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Well, I guess that will be the routine for me from now on is double check.  Sad though that they shadow this way.  Thanks for the response eburtonlab.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@martin26902 wrote:

Seller's listing states, USA STOCK on their primary listing photo and that the item ships from New Jersey, United States

When they have that on their photos, you can almost guarantee they are from China.

They do have some warehouses in the US they use to ship from.

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I just went through a few other company listings and did notice that pattern where if a state only is listed then United States, they are out of the country.  It appears when there is a city, then a state listed, the situation is different.  Well it is what it is and I will just have to be a savvy buyer from now on.

Thanks for the response kensgiftshop

Message 5 of 5
latest reply