cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questionable customer inquiry

Just received this message through Ebay.  The link was not included in this nots, as this forum will not allow it as it is not a valid link.    just checking to see if this type of communication ic common .. Thoughts?  

The userID ticunni7089 is "no longer a registered user"

New message from: ticunni7089 (1)

hello, I'm reaching out because I've been attempting to purchase for a few minutes now, but I consistently encounter an error when I click the buy now button. I reached out to customer support, and they clarified that the cause of the error is linked to the setup of your account. It appears that you have configured your account in a manner that restricts new users from completing purchases, and I happen to be a new user. As a resolution, they suggested that I pass along this link to you. By doing so, you'll have the ability to enable any other user facing the same issue as me to successfully make a purchase from you, and I'll be able to proceed with my transaction as well.

“Copy the link and then paste it into the address bar of your Web Browser”

the link contains    "ebay.com@remove-restrictions.ru/?/magicmark2"

I look forward to your prompt response and thank you in advance for your assistance in resolving this issue.

Katherine

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@magicmark2

Scammer. Do not click on the link. Delete the message.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I did .  just curious to see if this is common or rare.  Thanks for the response.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply