cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push notification and email for random items

A few days ago I received an email regarding a relisted item, a bicycle, I had never viewed that was priced in GBP and earlier today I received a push notification for a figurine priced in euros. I generally only look at jewelry sold in the US when on the app and only occasionally see items on my feed from Canada/ UK that are also related to jewelry. When I go to my recently viewed and notifications in app, there is no mention of either item.

I changed my password just in case and then after researching, checked the sign in alert link but unfortunately it doesn't show any sessions prior to my password change. I reached out to askebay on twitter but haven't received a response. I don't believe my account was compromised but as a relatively new ebay user, I wanted to know if this was a known bug. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Push notification and email for random items

Others have reported similar messages.

Most likely there is a problem with a routine that is supposed to match up viewed items with generated messages rather than a security issue.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Push notification and email for random items

Yep I've seen that as well! Currently dealing with a lack of notifications now, hopefully it gets sorted soon...don't want to miss out on any more offers 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply