cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Guide Banner for Trading Cards

Hi All,

I have seen posts about this before and it seems the issue was resolved. I'm not able to access the price guide for trading cards online via Safari or on IOS APP at the top of the screen. Has this feature been removed or is this an Apple issue? I called eBAY and they seemed to not have any understanding of what I was asking and recommended waiting 1-3 days for this to be fixed? Any advice on how to get back up and running with the price guide would be most welcome.

KR's

J

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

@herschelstradingcards   This is the feature you are referring to?  

https://pages.ebay.com/priceguide/

I just checked on Android and I am not seeing this feature. This is the first time I heard of it.    All I have is a banner for rep your team with rare memorabilia ad and a quick filter to shop by grade.

You can use Terapeak to check price trends over 3 years if you're a seller> 

https://www.ebay.com/sh/research?marketplace=EBAY-US&tabName=SOLD

Or see the last 90 days of sales by searching sold listings.  

Let me tag staff and see if this feature is down at the moment or if I am missing something.  I don't see it on the app or PC.    

devon@ebay

kyle@ebay

elizabeth@ebay

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

@comics-scifi-collectibles wrote:

@herschelstradingcards   This is the feature you are referring to?  

https://pages.ebay.com/priceguide/

I just checked on Android and I am not seeing this feature. This is the first time I heard of it.    All I have is a banner for rep your team with rare memorabilia ad and a quick filter to shop by grade.

You can use Terapeak to check price trends over 3 years if you're a seller> 

https://www.ebay.com/sh/research?marketplace=EBAY-US&tabName=SOLD

Or see the last 90 days of sales by searching sold listings.  

Let me tag staff and see if this feature is down at the moment or if I am missing something.  I don't see it on the app or PC.    

devon@ebay

kyle@ebay

elizabeth@ebay

Hey @comics-scifi-collectibles! I am reaching out to the Product team on this and once I get some more clarification I will update you and @herschelstradingcards!  

Devon,
eBay
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

IMG_3046.PNG

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of Terra Peak, has murky search results imo, and sometime provides no data at all. I'm also aware of other sites like 130 point etc. I am talking about the price guide banner within search results on eBAY. It used to take me to a screen like I posted above when searching for a card and clicking the price guide banner. It would allow you to search for specific trading cards like "Joe Montana #216" and you could scroll through different grades or raw and see price trends over time. This is gone now which stinks because it was super useful for pricing, sales trends, or just quickly looking up a card in platform without having to navigate to another source to then search ebay data anyway. I'm hoping the customer service rep was accurate in saying this would be fixed within a few days because this is critical resource imo, I have low expectations. I have since checked my phone and computer and both are running up to date versions of the latest and greatest. 

Thanks again,

J

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

@herschelstradingcards    I understand what you're referring to...  I posted a link about it in my first reply.   

Now we are just waiting on what Devon finds out from the eBay product team. 

I am not a big fan of Terapeak either.   It really is hit or miss on comparing the right comics no matter what search terms I use.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Thanks again, 

I hear ya on terapeak. Im sure comics are similar to cards in that there can be many variations that would requirer a more refined search parameter. 

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Hi Devon,

Any update on this?

Thanks,

J

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

devon@ebay.  Any updates?  

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Adding  marlin@collectibles 

From the previous thread where the issue was resolved in January.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@comics-scifi-collectibles wrote:

devon@ebay.  Any updates?  

Hey @comics-scifi-collectibles! I just heard back late last night on this and the Product team and it was turned off due to issues that are currently being worked on. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@herschelstradingcards 

Just tagging you to make sure that you see Devons reply.    Unfortunately Devon's reply means you'll just have to wait and hope the feature is back up and returning soon.  

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Thanks for tagging and following up.

Yikes, thats bad for buyers and sellers alike, for this critical feature to go on and off with an indefinite timetable  of return and without a notice of downtime. The bare minimum would be making the community aware prior to just removing a feature. We are in uncharted waters...

From a seller perspective I want to know I am being competitive without over pricing. Buyers want to know they are getting something of value that is correctly priced in the current market place.

J

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@herschelstradingcards    I totally agree with you!   I hope it's fixed soon.  

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Hi Devon,

Any news on when this feature will go back online? 

Thanks,

J

Message 15 of 19
latest reply