cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Safety Hazzard

I received an email from ebay regarding a possible Safety Hazard on some items I purchased awhile back.  It just says go to the contact and help link, but I cannot find out how I need to proceed. Can anyone help me please?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Potential Safety Hazzard

@lcminis   Can you please let me know what these items are and how long ago you purchased them?   I just want to know so I can get more information from eBay to see what the correct answer is how to handle these types of situations if it's past 30 days from the date of delivery.   That way I can expedite solutions for other buyers.  

Here's how to contact eBay customer service:

eBay agents are working from home so you have to request a call back or live chat.

1. CLICK THIS LINK:
https://www.ebay.com/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

2. Request a call back

If you are located outside of US or Canada then you will need to use the Chat option or Social Media

3. Or you can also contact customer service by sending a PRIVATE message on social media. Customer service verifies your identity before responding.

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Potential Safety Hazzard

It is a plug in portable wall heater. I am assuming it is a fire hazard. Says safety hazard or recall.  Here is what I received. I looked it up in my purchase history and it was in the Fall of 2022, so already a year and a half. I still have one brand new in box, never used and the other only used a handful of times. I had ebay call me but she really didn't have a definite answer for me either, other than "guessing".

Hello lcminis,

We take product safety very seriously. We’re reaching out to you because an item you purchased may have been recalled or pose a safety hazard. We recommend that you stop using this product. If you have questions about the item(s), please reach out to the seller or the manufacturer. Item details are listed below. 

More specific details are provided below.

If you have any problems, we recommend that you contact your payment provider to dispute the charge..

Item details: 354006665276 - 900W Plug In Wall Electric Heater Mini US Portable Office Fan Led Timer & Speed

If you have questions, please go to "Help & Contact" at the top of most eBay pages.

Thanks,
eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

eBay Document ID: 140889264004

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Potential Safety Hazzard

@lcminis   Let me look into this and see what you need to do.  Usually I think you'd contact the manufacturer for recalls.  

I'll get back to you later today or tomorrow.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Potential Safety Hazzard

Thank you.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Potential Safety Hazzard

@lcminis   I heard back from our eBay Community Team and they said you need to contact the manufacturer.   Since you still have one in the box you should have their contact information.     

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Potential Safety Hazzard

Thank you.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply