cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Reviews from Items I Didn't Sell

So this is an odd issue.

I've had the same e-mail account for over 15 years and I've made accounts on most pages at some point for purchasing purposes, including eBay. Only in the past year have I begun selling vintage books, home decor and apparel on the platform. I was recently reviewing my account and saw that I had 75 reviews but my account clearly shows I've only sold 12 items to date. When I looked at the reviews I found a bunch of reviews from over 5 years ago that all have suspiciously similar wording and the "items sold" are all less than $2 lingerie items. My only two guesses are that: fiver years ago someone had access to and was selling from my account (but I think that would show in my selling history as having more than 12 items, or the 0 I had back in December when I started) OR five years ago someone tried to purchase fake reviews for their eBay account and they were accidentally routed to my account by some mistake. I've included a screenshot where you can see the break from real to scam reviews. Because they are well over 30 days old I can't appeal to eBay to have them removed. I think they reflect poorly on my account and I would like to have them removed regardless.

I have tried eBays help menu and automated online service agent with no luck. I can't find any way to reach out directly to a human eBay representative other than through social media. I will message them on FaceBook or Insta if I have to (I don't use Twitter) but that seems like a really unprofessional way to have to reach out.. They have to have a better option.

Does anybody know how to contact a human eBay representative or know how to report this error??? I really don't want people to think I bought my own spambot reviews.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Your account has received 8 feedback ratings for sales, and 71 feedback ratings for purchases. Some of the ratings occurred in the same calendar week which is why the total adds up to more than 75.

Other users cannot see the titles associated with your feedback for buying, only the comments themselves and the seller usernames.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@calicoclassics   I think you are looking at product reviews and not feedback for selling items.  

You've only received 75 feedbacks for selling.    

eBay is testing out having buyers leave product review feedbacks when a buyer leaves feedback for a seller.  It sounds like some wires may have been crossed although I don't see anything wrong when viewing your feedback page.  

Have you tried viewing in a different browser?  

Here's how to contact eBay customer service:

eBay agents are working from home so you have to request a call back or live chat.

1. CLICK THIS LINK:
https://www.ebay.com/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

2. Request a call back

If you are located outside of US or Canada then you will need to use the Chat option or Social Media

3. Or you can also contact customer service by sending a PRIVATE message on social media. Customer service verifies your identity before responding.

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

That makes sense but also doesn't explain why/how those sales are there. I started selling in December and I have only sold and shipped 12 items. The other 63 sales are not real or are from when someone had hacked my account years ago but I can't find any record of those sales ever occurring on my end. I would like my sales to accurately reflect just my selling history - not something a hacker or spam bot is responsible for.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The other 63 sales are not real or are from when someone had hacked my account years ago but I can't find any record of those sales ever occurring on my end.

Those are purchases made using your account, not sales. Check your Purchase History. If the purchases were made in the last seven years, you should be able to check your Purchase History back that far. If the purchases are further back, request your eBay data here:

https://www.sarweb.ebay.com/sar

Message 5 of 5
latest reply