cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please be aware about shipping to APO addresses

It looks like eBay has developed a way to ship packages to foreign countries via the US APO system.  This system is suppose to be only for Americans (especially soldiers).  eBay listings in America are being put on eBay.de and other countries I suspect (I know as I was told).  This is a roundabout way to cheat the USPS system.  American items are actually showing up on foreign eBay sites and eBay is using APO addresses to bend rules and fraudulently bend the system to their corporate will.

Now the problem is, you thought you sold to a military person.  But eBay has gamed this system.

NOW, what if you have a customer who wants to return an item?  Well you have to go through eBay.de like I was forced to and eBay America didn't want to help me at all.  This over a $10 item with $10 in shipping.  

I have a domestic return policy of 30 days and I was browbeaten by Germans speaking in hard language about this needing to be refunded or a label bought (via the German postal service for God knows what).

But I also have a International return policy of 14 days and if this was correctly classified it would never have been allowed to go as far as it did.

I did not consent to be under EU law or companies.  I sold to a US APO address.

eBay has done nothing.  $20 is nothing for eBay and they should have just refunded me to shut up.  But they didn't and I am here to say eBay is rigging the international postal system for its own means without "our" knowledge or acceptance.

Don't get me started on USPS not paying out any insurance claims, because they are not.

Chris Patrick Augustine

MBA Logistics (Supply Chain) University of Tennessee, Knoxville '94

Disabled because I know way too much and I'll mouth off with the truth!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Please be aware about shipping to APO addresses

This has been reported to the New York Times.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply