cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures Not Showing in Gallery, Again

Once again some of my listings are not appearing in the gallery.  That means that when someone searches for an item, mine will show up but with no picture.  Obviously not helpful.  This is a system glitch that has been ongoing for at least 5 years.  Very frustrating.  The links to correct it do not work.  Today, the first person I spoke to at eBay, (36 minute phone call), told me the pixels were too big.  This was not true, and many of my other gallery photos were larger.  She also said the pixels need to be less than 1000.  I asked for clarification, if that meant the size of a side or the total.  She said total, and even gave the example that 500 x 500 would be okay, but not more than.  That does not even make sense.  Regardless, I hung up and researched some more on my own because I knew I had already used larger photos and had successful listings than these listings that would not show up in gallery.  I found this on eBay: 

Image sizing and formats

• The minimum and maximum image dimensions are 500x500 pixels and 9000x9000 pixels (height and width), respectively.

For the best zoom-in functionality, size your images so they are between 800-1600 pixels on the longest side.

• The size of any one image must not exceed 12MB.

I had to call eBay again and speak to someone, spent about 15 minutes on the phone and she agreed there was a problem, no idea why the photos wouldn't show in gallery.  She is going to put in a tech request to resolve this problem.

It is very frustrating because this is a pretty frequent problem on eBay.  I did not appreciate the first rep giving me misinformation and wasting my time.  I do not appreciate eBay allowing this problem to continue FOR YEARS, and to not have a quick fix when it does occur.

Thank you for reading, I realize this is more of a venting of frustration than any helpful advice!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)