cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo hosting site recommendations

Hi there,

We are looking for a new hosting site to store all our eBay photos and would appreciate any recommendations.

We generally have 20 photos or more listed in the gallery.

We are still using our FileExchange format file and supply pipe separated URLs for the  PicURL field

We currently have a VPS on Hostinger but it's just not fast enough, about 70%-80% of the photos are failing and have to be manually fixed. Very frustrating.

So we need a lightning fast provider with HTTPS. Preferably a simple to use site, and not too expensive.

Does anyone else have a similar setup, listing multiple images in PicURL?

@shipscript you appear to be the guru on this, any ideas?

Many thanks

Shane

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Photo hosting site recommendations

@tarringtonbooks 

Many of the large photo sharing sites currently available do not allow commercial use. However, both Photobucket and ImageShack were started with eBay in mind. If those prove to be inadequate, one of the major cloud services (Google or AWS or iCloud) should have adequate capacity and throughput.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Photo hosting site recommendations

Many thanks @shipscript,

I had already tried with Photobucket and ImageShack but, despite retaining the original file name, both add a randomised value in the URL for each photo, so it's impossible to code a link to these.

After your suggestion I've been playing with AWS. Loading speed (i.e. loading photos into AWS) seems very slow, and I'm not sure how much this service will cost in the long run,  however first results seem positive.

I'll provide an update here once I have fully tested, in case other users have a similar requirement.

Thanks again for your help.

Shane 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply