cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offers are all saying local pickup?

I've had two people send me offers in the past few days.  Both of them are saying it's the offer PLUS free local pickup.   Like... what?

Now neither one of the people are anywhere near me, both at least a thousand miles away.  AND.... AND.... I don't even OFFER local pickup.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Offers are all saying local pickup?

@owlvintagebooks_corkysclothing 

I had an offer that said the same. I accepted the price, then the buyer selected "shipping"  and paid the shipping at checkout.

So, you are accepting the price, and the buyer will choose shipping at checkout.

-- However you are seeing this because you do offer local pickup.

This is a listing on a singing book. The t-shirt I looked at also had local pickup.

eastlaneave_0-1715137982659.png

You can either bulk edit your listings to remove local pickup or edit your shipping policies to remove tha.

EastLaneAve  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member 26 years

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@owlvintagebooks_corkysclothing 

I had an offer that said the same. I accepted the price, then the buyer selected "shipping"  and paid the shipping at checkout.

So, you are accepting the price, and the buyer will choose shipping at checkout.

-- However you are seeing this because you do offer local pickup.

This is a listing on a singing book. The t-shirt I looked at also had local pickup.

eastlaneave_0-1715137982659.png

You can either bulk edit your listings to remove local pickup or edit your shipping policies to remove tha.

eBay member 26 years

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

However, on my side (I have all of them set to one of two shipping policies) it does NOT list local pickup as being one of the options.

Option 1 : Ground Advantage (or media if it's a book)

Option 2 : Priority

Option 3 : <not listed>

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I can only tell you that on all of your listings that I checked, Local pickup is an option.

Here is a t-shirt https://www.ebay.com/itm/14572392817

Click the listing, then click "Shipping and Handling" tab to see you have local shipping set on this listing.

Here is the book https://www.ebay.com/itm/144647378274

Click the listing, then click "Shipping and Handling" tab to see you have local shipping set on this listing.

Edit your shipping policies to uncheck Local Pickup

This example is from my shipping policies.

eastlaneave_0-1715141384363.png

eBay member 26 years

Message 4 of 4
latest reply