cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New seller, need help with address scam

I just found out I shipped an item to a known scam address,  ebay is aware of the scam address and allowed me to purchase their shipping label and ship it. I am not getting any assistance from ebay or the USPS on retrieving the item I sold.  It's shipping to BM Cargo.  How should I handle this? It is "in transit", according to tracking info.  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Most so-called "known scam addresses" are simply freight forwarders that are used by many legitimate buyers all around the world.

Since no one publicizes an address when a transaction goes smoothly, only the complaints are found when searching that address online. Without knowing what percentage of total shipments the complaints represent, absolute numbers of complaints may mean very little when it comes to an address that is used by many different people.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You have Seller Protection as long as you ship to the address provided on the payment. As already advised, this is probably a freight forwarder, commonly used by international buyers. I ship through freight forwarders frequently and have never encountered a problem.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 3 of 3
latest reply