cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New "auto pay" feature on ebay!

Hello...I just wanted to let all of you know that I don't as a buyer like the new "auto-pay" feature,,,,I will not be buying from anyone that is using it in the future!
If you have a problem with my decision, take it up with eBay, and don't use this "auto-pay option on your listings!!

This is a very bad idea from eBay!...I am hoping they will change this option!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: New "auto pay" feature on ebay!

What is it that you don't like about it?

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

You want to buy the item but you do not wish to pay for it? 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

That is not the point...you misunderstand...I do not want my payment automatically withdrawn from my account...I will decide when to make the payment...not by an autobot!!!

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I do not want my payment automatically withdrawn from my account...I will decide when to make the payment...not by an autobot!!!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

As a seller, I want to be paid as soon as I accept an offer.  If I have to wait 4 days for a buyer to pay and they don't, this is time my item isn't being viewed and I could have sold it for full price to another buyer.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I do not want my payment automatically withdrawn from my account...I will decide when to make the payment...not by an autobot!!!

Then the way to accomplish that then would be to wait to make your offer when you are ready to pay.

Inceptions

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

The auto-pay when a buyer makes an offer was started by ebay.  It is not up to the seller.  Eventually, ebay wants to roll this out with all offers made by buyers to decrease the amount of unpaid item disputes being filed.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I'm not sure I understand your idea ????

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

This ebay auto bot should not have the power to withdraw funds from my account without my permission or involvement in the process...frankly, I believe this process is illegal!!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

But you DO give permission. When you attempt to make an offer, a window opens that tells you if your offer is accepted,  you'll be charged for it. You then select your payment method and ship-to address.

I'm not sure I understand your idea ????

You said you wanted to decide when to make your payment. If that's your complaint, then don't make offers until you decide you are ready to pay for them if accepted.

Inceptions

Message 11 of 11
latest reply