cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help

A newly registered buyer made a purchase under one username. Then, not even 10min later, the same name & address registered a different new username to purchase a second item. Seemed fishy to me so I messaged both accounts to check on it because the name & address are exactly the same on both accounts. Neither account has responded. Can't find any help on eBay & have never had this happen before. Do I just go ahead and ship the 2 orders separately? Do I cancel incase this is some sort of fraud? I don't understand why someone would register 2 new accounts in less than 10min to purchase 2 separate items to ship to the same name & address, especially when it's clearly stated that I combine shipping. It just seems fishy to me. Anyone know what to do? Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Need Help

Not fishy...as advised already, these are purchases made as a guest. They aren't actual account names. I have one buyer who comes back again and again and again and makes multiple purchases each time, each showing under a different ID. Apparently she doesn't want an account even though it would save her money on combined shipping if she opened one. She's never responded to any eBay message. But I'm happy she's buying so much from me!

Each of those purchases must be shipped separately.  eBay won't allow you to use the same tracking number for transactions under different IDs, so you can't combine.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

It is possible that the purchases were guest account purchases. Guest accounts are assigned a semi-random username. Separate guest purchases cannot be combined, if I understand correctly.

Perhaps the buyer made a guest purchase of one of your items, then later noticed another item and decided to make another purchase.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@adventures-in-early-learning 

Since its two different orders, ship them separate.

They could have checked out as a guest.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Not fishy...as advised already, these are purchases made as a guest. They aren't actual account names. I have one buyer who comes back again and again and again and makes multiple purchases each time, each showing under a different ID. Apparently she doesn't want an account even though it would save her money on combined shipping if she opened one. She's never responded to any eBay message. But I'm happy she's buying so much from me!

Each of those purchases must be shipped separately.  eBay won't allow you to use the same tracking number for transactions under different IDs, so you can't combine.

Inceptions

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thank you. The username are similar just ending with a different number. I hadn't realized there was any such thing as a guest order until now.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Thank you. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thank you. This explains a lot. So I'm guessing anyone can order by guest now regardless of any block list.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@adventures-in-early-learning wrote:

Thank you. The username are similar just ending with a different number. I hadn't realized there was any such thing as a guest order until now.

A buyer just posted about buying as a guest and having their orders canceled.

They placed 3 different orders as a guest and the seller canceled all three orders and the buyer wanted to know why.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

That wasn't me. I haven't cancelled anything, & this person only purchased 2 items. I checked again & according to their feedback profiles, they both state they are members. Doesn't that mean they are registered, not a guest?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Anyone can get around a block by opening a different account or buying as a guest, but it's a policy violation to do so, and if caught could get them booted. I suppose then could then come back as a guest again, but serial criminals behave this way too. Some people out there just don't respect laws and rules.

Inceptions

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

No, you'll see a feedback profile page for guests - you can't distinguish them from actual members.

Inceptions

Message 11 of 11
latest reply