cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My buyer received a damaged glass saw, it was in good condition when I mailed it.

She wants me to replace all the broken parts or refund her money. She  paid for ground advantage service. Which only covers up to $100.00 . I told her I am not a store, she paid over $80.00 in postage. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

My buyer received a damaged glass saw, it was in good condition when I mailed it.

@popdo_73 

Has the buyer filed a Return Request through Ebay?

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The seller is financially responsible for any damage in transit, AND for return shipping if s/he wants it back.  That is what you agreed to when you set up the listing.   If you fight this you will end up with no money and no item (or having to pay the return postage to get it back) AND a defect that counts against you for the next 12 monthly evaluations of your selling status.

YOU need to file for the insurance (and get the cooperation of the buyer to have it inspected at her end, which you have already jeopardized with the "I am not a store" response).   

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Not to my knowledge I wrote to her telling her I would file a claim with the USPS but now I am still trying to file a claim,because they wrote that it’s not covered.  It was shipped ground advantage and they said it is covered up to $100.00.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

No she has not her husband bought her a new blade and belt. She is going to try that and see if that works. I told her that I will file a claim with the USPS. But that takes time. She’s fine for the moment. Thank you 😊 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

In the event that the replacement parts don’t work I will refund her. In the meantime I am going to file a claim and when I find out what the cost was for the parts I will repay her husband. Thank you.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@popdo_73 

If the buyer files a Return Request, you will need to refund the buyer regardless of your claim status.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 7 of 7
latest reply