cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lop-sided transaction...can someone explain to me why?

Customer buys a product. 

Requests a refund due to a defective in the product...no problem no issues on our side.

The customer does not repack it properly and it causes damage physical to the product. You inform the customer within minutes of receiving the product back. We send the pictures for proof and ask "How they would like to proceed?". 

Without responding back to us first buyer then "lies" on our feedback and says we won't refund it because it is defective. Not the truth....we got a product back not in the same condition we sent it....soooooo.....

We contact eBay and they say:

1.) You (us) file the USPS freight claim...which you know the carrier won't cover because it was not packed right.

2.) eBay will retract the untruthfull feedback...but, only if you have to give the the buyer a full refund...then they will retract the feedback

3.) We as the seller will have to eat the improper packing and damage.

This is a little lop-sided on ther buyer's part. The seller did nothing wrong...yet we are eating damages. Plus unless we give them all the money back...and the untruthful feedback stays.

So a buyer can smash a product, send it back for a full refund, and it's ok to ly on the feedback. I feel like we are getting extorted by the seller and eBay.

Is something wrong with this particular transaction...or have some of you ran into the same thing? In my opinion if eBay customer service can see all of the communication they should be able to "freeze" untruthful feedbacks until the problem gets reviews and resolved. 

Make sense?

I would like to hear from some of you on this if this is a weird transaction or is this a policy that need to be reviewed. We have a 99% feedback score and get great reviews from our customers...this one just does not make sense.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)