cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listings and location designation - how to change other than city name

I have seen some listings that indicate a location of just a country name, or just a state name. How can a location be designated without having the actual city name? I am interested in no longer having my city name indicated.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Listings and location designation - how to change other than city name

When you create your listing, in ITEM LOCATION, if you enter your zip code, the city/state will be displayed on your listing.  If you do not want your specific city displayed, you can enter any other zip code starting with the same 3 digits as your own so ebay can calculate the shipping from your zip code to the buyer's zip code.  For example, my zip code is 92802, which is Anaheim, CA.  But I could enter 92833, which is Fullerton, CA, the city north of me.  I do not know if ebay allows you to just state Michigan as the location for your items.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Listings and location designation - how to change other than city name

Thank you for the reply. I will have to find a listing that incorporates what I am suggesting. Regarding your response, if you use a different zip code than your actual one, won't your created shipping label then reflect an incorrect address? Or do you take the time to edit the shipping address before creating the label?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply