cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got warned for using the term "no hard drive" in a listing for a laptop without a hard drive.

I was told I wasn't following the Keyword Spamming Policy. I'm a bit confused on what I should do when I relist this item (it wasn't removed, it just didn't sell). The laptop doesn't contain a hard drive. The e-mail goes on about how using the term "no hard drive" might confuse a buyer, but I think a buyer would be a lot more upset if they bought a laptop without realizing it doesn't have one. Was this just a bot that was mistaken, or did a human see it and decide that it was violating this policy? If the latter, how should I indicate if a laptop I'm selling doesn't have a given component in the future?

The full letter I received is below.

Hello crystalgloves,

We've determined that some of your listings haven't followed our Keyword Spamming policy. A list of the item(s) we're concerned about is available further down in this email.

We haven't removed any listings, or taken any other action on your account. Instead, we want to provide you with this information so that you can thoroughly review your listings and make sure they follow our guidelines.  

Please limit the use of search terms or item details to those that directly describe the item for sale. Examples include brands, item condition and specifics, model names, pop culture terms, product names, style, and type.

Including unrelated terms or comparisons (such as "like new") in your listing isn't allowed.

Using unrelated keywords to drive traffic to a listing can make it harder for buyers to find what they're looking for. This can result in an unsuccessful transaction and may also lead to a buyer filing a claim.

For more information on our search and browse manipulation policy, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/search-manipulation.html

Please understand that you used the keywords "No hard drive" in the title or description of the listing. Keywords are often used for the purpose of diverting members to a listing, which is not permitted. Also, usage of different keywords in the title results in a poor search experience. Keywords can be defined as brand names, celebrity names, designer names, specific products, or other much searched words, which are unrelated with the actual item for sale. You can relist your item by removing the unrelated keywords from your listing.

Please make sure that your current and future listings follow these guidelines. If they don't, they'll be removed, and your fees won't be refunded. It could also result in additional actions, including loss of buying and selling privileges on eBay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)