cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item has not arrived and contacting eBay is impossible

I am within the 30-day window of the expected arrival date (05-Jul-2023) of one of my items I purchased (25-Jun-2023) with a PWE/envelope shipping method. When I contacted the seller on 08-Jul-2023 of the sports card not arriving, he suggested to wait a couple of days to see if it would still come, which I did. I followed-up on 13-Jul-2023 with no luck on the item arriving and no response from the seller. I followed up again today, 16-Jul-2023, and tried to file a claim through the "more actions" drop down and the "item has not arrived" selection. When selecting it, another window opens up, but with a "technical hiccup" with the message "Please try again later or contact us for help." The "contact us" is hyperlinked and leads me through a process that results in articles and a chatbot for assistance. The chatbot leads me through the same process, ending in the "technical hiccup" with the same message. 

If anyone has eBay contact info for this issue, please let me know as I cannot find it. I expect they mitigate emails and phone calls by automating this process. Like this issue, automation does not solve all problems. This "technical hiccup" needs to be resolved on their end because it is hindering my ability to file a report within the allocated 30-day window.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you are attempting to start an "item not received" case using a browser and getting a "technical hiccup" error:

Try using the eBay app, if possible to start the "item not received" case -- I seem to be able to get farther along in the process using the app than when using a desktop browser. At least three users have indicated that they were able to successfully start an "item not received" case through the app when the browser link gave that error message.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you are attempting to start an "item not received" case using a browser and getting a "technical hiccup" error:

Try using the eBay app, if possible to start the "item not received" case -- I seem to be able to get farther along in the process using the app than when using a desktop browser. At least three users have indicated that they were able to successfully start an "item not received" case through the app when the browser link gave that error message.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for this response, and I should have tried with the mobile version before posting. Hopefully, this help someone else experiencing a similar issue.

The technical error is still a matter that eBay must resolve.

Thank you again.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You are very welcome -- thanks for following up!

I hope eBay addresses the issue with the web site quickly, in any case.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply