cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any repercussions on sellers who cancel your winning bid?

I won an auction and the seller cancelled my winning bid because they didn't want to sell it for that price. How do I know this? The seller emailed me saying that to me! 

Buyers get in trouble for not paying but when a seller lists an auction,  we bid on it for 10 days, then I win and while I am entering the payment, the seller cancels my winning bid, sends me an email saying "sorry but I don't want to sell it for that price".... what recourse is there for this? Ebay won't allow me to say the sellers name or post a picture of the email he sent so they protect thieves and scammers like this?? What repercussions are there for horrible people like this?

Then he sends me an email after I say it is not right and what he did was fraud, and he goes off on me and slanders me in a message after. Is this right? What recourse do I have?! What does Ebay do to people like this? 

Ebay, I'd like to know!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is there any repercussions on sellers who cancel your winning bid?

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022

1. Select The seller has violated one of eBay’s policies and click Continue.
2. On the next page, enter the seller's ID and select Other.
3. In the comment section, write "Seller cancelled order stating ....  in order to avoid a defect." If seller then relists that item as an auction, include the new item number.

Too many defects, and sellers can be restricted or suspended.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Is there any repercussions on sellers who cancel your winning bid?

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022

1. Select The seller has violated one of eBay’s policies and click Continue.
2. On the next page, enter the seller's ID and select Other.
3. In the comment section, write "Seller cancelled order stating ....  in order to avoid a defect." If seller then relists that item as an auction, include the new item number.

Too many defects, and sellers can be restricted or suspended.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 2
latest reply