cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Shipping

Hi - I am interested in using the Global Shipping Program. My understanding is that I would be responsible for the shipping cost to the eBay Shipping Center and eBay makes arrangements from there. Does the cost I incur to get a product to the Shipping Center go in the "Handling cost - calculated shipping only" field? (not the final cost of all shipping charges that the customer would incur?)

Any help would be appreciated, Don

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: International Shipping

@ampdrive49 

You set up the Shipping on your listing form the exact same way you would for any other listing that you plan to ship within the U.S. - it's no different. The GSP hub in Kentucky is just another U.S. destination.

The overseas buyer will be charged that domestic shipping cost if that's how you have it set up), just like any other U.S. buyer would pay it, but it's rolled up in the other international charges.

You do get the Item + US shipping cost part of their total GSP payment.

The difference with GSP is that eBay/Pitney Bowes will also bill the overseas buyer the additional international shipping & import costs for that leg that they handle - you will be able to see that $total, but eBay keeps that part.

Hope this makes sense.

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks so much!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Do I have to enter anything in the "Handling cost - calculated shipping only" field?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@ampdrive49 

@ampdrive49 wrote:

Do I have to enter anything in the "Handling cost - calculated shipping only" field?

Not for GSP purposes, no - only if you add a Handling cost for other reasons (ie, packaging, etc)

Did you enroll in GSP yet?  I noticed you're a new seller after having not sold in awhile - there may be restrictions on enrolling in GSP, but I guess eBay will tell you when you try.

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@ampdrive49 

On a side note (not related to GSP), I notice at least one of your listings you plan to use USPS Parcel Select.

Be aware that eBay & USPS have made changes to that service and you may be forced to use USPS Priority in some situatons - some explanation here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/USPS-Parcel-Select/m-p/32015091

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Much appreciated!!!  I am enrolled in GSP (at least, that what I saw).

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

The buyer will receive & pay 2 separate invoices:

1.  to you for the selling price & your domestic shipping cost to Erlanger, KY.

This would be the same domestic shipping cost that a buyer in that region of KY would pay you if they had purchased your item.

2. to Pitney Bowes for their handling of the internationl shipping leg.

This includes the international shipping cost + any taxes & related import costs.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply