cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insertion Fee's without an Ebay Store

I've been selling on Ebay For some time now without an Ebay Store. I've recently increased the number of Listings. Today I noticed that I have 0 available Listing without an insertion fee. I thought the maximum was 250 per month without an insertion Fee. I've only listed 88 items so far this month. I've read all the policies and I'm still not understanding why I'm being charged this fee if I have not reached the 250 allowed for this month.

Thanks,

Diana 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Insertion Fee's without an Ebay Store

Any thing that relisted from last month counts .

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You have 535 active listings, which were all listed and/or relisted or autorenewed within the past month.  In addition you have had almost 300 items sold over the past 3 months or so, at least some of which were likely listed, relisted, or autorenewed since your billing cycle started.  "Insertion" includes autorenewal (of fixed price listings every month) and relistings (except for the "up to 8 free relisting" of unsold auction items offer made to at least new sellers using the Quick Listing Tool).

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@disands 

Just to add - you have about 200 listings that have not yet renewed this month - items listed between the 18th and 31st of each of the prior months.  You will be charged $.35 for each of them that do not sell before their renewal date.

If you plan to keep your listings around 350 items, you might consider subscribing to a basic store.  The breakeven on the month to month store fee of $28 is about 80 paid insertions ($.35 x 80 = $28) plus in most categories you pay lower final value fees.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I get it now. Thanks for explaining that to me. I'm retired and plan on listing more items than before.  I never calculated the items that renew (did not sell). It makes sense now. I feel stupid asking the question. Guess I need to buy a store subscription. 

Thanks Again,

Diana 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@disands 

Do not feel stupid!  Most of us learned that info the same way you have. We all still learn new things about eBay every day. Hope you are enjoying retirement as much as I am 😁

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply