cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTL SHIPPING to Canada

Potential client contacted me and asked me why my shipping was so high.  I am in WISCONSIN and the shipping for the 10 0z shirt in a poly bag showed $58. - more than the item!  I contacted EBay because I am enrolled in their new EBay Intl program and they said it wasn't them but the goats charging all duties, customs and tax to the item.  I don't recall this being the case before and this is preventing my buyer from buying the item from me.  Is this for real and have you experienced this?  How can we avert this?  Can I just use Pirate ship?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

INTL SHIPPING to Canada

@cocopuff95   It sounds like to me that something is not set up correctly on the listing in terms of package weight and size and shipping method.   

I have compared USPS ground advantage and EIS to Canada and the price is usually pretty close.  Around $23, which is a lot. 

The other option is to ship using https://www.pirateship.com/simple-export-rate  You have to chat with their customer service to turn this option on for your account.    

I don't think it has insurance but it's only 9.99 for that weight.    The package does go to a forwarding center before being shipped to Canada.  

You would need to REVISE the listing and select Economy International Shipping and then flat rate to Canada for $9.99. 

You can't revise an ended listing, or active listing with open offers, bids, or less than 12 hours on an auction. 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

INTL SHIPPING to Canada

@cocopuff95   It sounds like to me that something is not set up correctly on the listing in terms of package weight and size and shipping method.   

I have compared USPS ground advantage and EIS to Canada and the price is usually pretty close.  Around $23, which is a lot. 

The other option is to ship using https://www.pirateship.com/simple-export-rate  You have to chat with their customer service to turn this option on for your account.    

I don't think it has insurance but it's only 9.99 for that weight.    The package does go to a forwarding center before being shipped to Canada.  

You would need to REVISE the listing and select Economy International Shipping and then flat rate to Canada for $9.99. 

You can't revise an ended listing, or active listing with open offers, bids, or less than 12 hours on an auction. 

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 2
latest reply