Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I been scammed out of my money with the ebay card

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You will have to give us details in order for us to help you.

Hopefully, you did not purchase an ebay gift card and send the code from the back of the card to a seller.  If you did, that money is gone.  Scammers ask for them because they are non refundable and non traceable.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes I purchased a card and sent the money to them, thinking it was EBay Motors and never heard from them again. It has to be something you can do that's why I trusted in you. Then everytime I call to speak to someone, It's always a scammer that answers my call. This is crazy to me, I just need my $1200 back please.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Unfortunately there is nothing eBay can do.  The vehicle was never listed on eBay so eBay has nothing to do with the sale.  All gift cards (not just eBay's) are considered as cash and are untraceable and non refundable.  That is why scammers ask you to send them the numbers on the back of the card.

This is now a matter for the police or the courts but your chance of ever knowing exactly who the scammer is and their location is very slim.  Scammers lie about everything that they say.

Sorry that this happened to you.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi everyone,

If you believe that you or someone you know was scammed into buying eBay Gift Cards, visit our gift card page to contact customer service and find additional information related to gift card scams.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply