cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I received a fake item

Just this last week I discovered that I had received a piece of jewelry that is not authentic (designer). At the time I received it I didn't look for the hallmarks (my bad) because I put my trust in the seller and Ebay believing I didn't have to play detective! I recently was going through my things with an eye to de-stashing and decided to sell this bracelet (on a different forum) and the posting was denied because the item was not authentic. The problem however, is that the purchase was made Dec. 2021. Well past the 120 days but I feel that I should receive restitution. I am willing to return the bracelet to whomever. I messaged the seller; Crickets. I reported the seller to Ebay; nothing. In going back and looking at the seller's account I see someone else received a fake but was able to return it for refund. I noted that some of the seller's items look to be genuine but some do not. What can I do?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I received a fake item

You have waited too long to get help.  Ebay is 30 days, and your payment processor is 180 days.

If they are still selling the item you can use the REPORT button on the listing.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I received a fake item

Because this happened so long ago, your only chance of restitution is through small claims court.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 3 of 3
latest reply