cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel an order that is over 30 days old for non-payment from the buyer?

We had someone who purchased an item just over 30 days ago and has not paid. How do we cancel the order? It looks like I was too late to do it the easy way through the listing.

Already sent an email to the buyer to pay via PayPal or cancel the order. 

Help appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

How do I cancel an order that is over 30 days old for non-payment from the buyer?

@kalm4us 

You can not cancel an order after 30 days.  You can let the order ages off after 90 days. You can archive the order to get it off of your waiting for payment list. Do this through seller hub order view. https://www.ebay.com/sh/ord/?filter=status:ALL_ORDERS

Do not tell the buyer to pay outside of eBay - you can get a severe restriction trying to take the transaction off of eBay.

The buyer can not cancel the transaction - only sellers can cancel, it must be within 30 days. You should cancel an unpaid transaction after 4 days, so that the buyer gets an unpaid cancellation on their record.

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks Wooden_Flowers! I appreciate the help. 😊 I should not have dragged ny feet on that sale.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply