cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add shipping insurance when printing out a FEDEX label on eBay?

How can I add shipping insurance when printing out a FEDEX label on eBay?

There is an option when printing USPS labels to add insurance.  I cannot find an option such as that for FEDEX labels.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How can I add shipping insurance when printing out a FEDEX label on eBay?

@a-displaced-victorian 

I don't have a listing to test, but I understood there is a space or field to enter "Declared value" if you want additional coverage. Many sellers don't want to pay for add'l insurance, so they don't use it.

Do you see that field on the label page?

nvm - I found it - down on the page under "Additional options" click the box next to "Add additional liability coverage (from $3.45)"  - then Declared Value - my page shows the $amount entered.

FedEx add insurance to label.JPG

U.S. Community Volunteer

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@a-displaced-victorian 

You can add declared value coverage with FedEx by paying an additional fee. If you print FedEx labels on eBay, simply enter the value of the package that you're sending (you can't enter an amount larger than the order total), and the declared value fees are determined for you. If something goes wrong with your delivery, you'll need to file a claim with FedEx directly.

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you.  I still do not understand.  When printing out a FEDEX label, the amount of the sale is stated.  For instance, $499.  And, the shipping fee shows.  Where would I enter the value of the package?  Isn't the value of the package the same as the sale price?  I need to be able to pay an additional fee for it to be insured.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@a-displaced-victorian 

I don't have a listing to test, but I understood there is a space or field to enter "Declared value" if you want additional coverage. Many sellers don't want to pay for add'l insurance, so they don't use it.

Do you see that field on the label page?

nvm - I found it - down on the page under "Additional options" click the box next to "Add additional liability coverage (from $3.45)"  - then Declared Value - my page shows the $amount entered.

FedEx add insurance to label.JPG

U.S. Community Volunteer

Message 4 of 4
latest reply