cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Much Of A Refund?

A buyer has opened a Request Refund on an item that I shipped in a timely fashion, received at his PO Box within 2 days, didn't bother to pick it up from the PO (they even sent him a reminder) in two weeks time and now says "it took too long, I want a refund"...now it's automatically shipping back to me.  I am fine with receiving the item back, but do I have to refund his shipping?  Please be nice...I am only looking for advice...thank you.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: How Much Of A Refund?

Let the buyer know that his PO held the package for him for 2 weeks before returning it, but that you will be happy to refund the item price when the package arrives back to you.

You do not need to refund the shipping he paid.

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I attached the tracking information to the request with all of the dates - I told him in a memo too, that he had 2 weeks to pick it up and didn't - and that I would get back up with him when its delivered back to me.  I hope I have the option NOT to refund the shipping - I will gladly refund the purchase price, I don't think I should refund the shipping.  Thanks for your advice, I really do appreciate it 🙂

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Did he open a return request or an item not received request? If it was an item not received request, that may make a difference, and I don't want to say for certain that you can wait to get the item back or issue a partial refund.

If he opened an item not received request, be sure that you enter the tracking # (even it it's already there) along with your other information into the case. Then I would request a callback from eBay to see if they will close the case in your favor or advise you further on when the refund needs to happen. I don't want to give the wrong advice here.

You can request a call back from eBay on the left side of the page at this link:

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It was an Item Not Received "Reason: The buyer reported their item hasn't arrived." and it did arrive and sat there for 2 weeks - Post Office notified him and sent him a reminder and now the Post Office is automatically sending it back to me due to his non-response - and I attached the Tracking Information to the request...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply