cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping out a buyer that got bidding blocked

A known buyer to me got blocked now because he bid on multiple items from me from auctions that all ended near the same time. I was on time away, and evidently he didn’t pay quick enough during that time and the items got canceled and relisted. I wasn’t monitoring until I got back and had not sent him a combined  invoice as yet.
How can I help him out to get him, un  blocked ?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Helping out a buyer that got bidding blocked

You don't.   You needed to either turn off your automatic cancellation for non-payment (or increase the time before it kicks in) or add him/her to the exemption list at the bottom of the page for setting the automatic cancellation preferences.   Or monitor it while you are away.  

If you told him in eBay messaging (where eBay can confirm that you did so) that you would give him x days to pay and you didn't, he can appeal the strikes for that reason.   https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/appealing-unpaid-cancellation-record?id=43...

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Helping out a buyer that got bidding blocked

Hi @betterritter 

While you can add that Buyer to your Exemption list on the page link below so they can purchase from you they will not be able to buy from very many Sellers on eBay with 2 or more Unpaid item strikes.  

Buyer Management | eBay

They can try the advice that @woodland_gnome  provided so the Buyer can try to get the Unpaid strikes dropped from their account.

For myself I do NOT use the automated Cancellation feature, I Cancel manually because some times Buyers ask for additional time to pay and I work with them.  I also allow extra time around holidays like I did last week.  A Buyer did not pay for shipment Monday before the 4th of July holiday ... so I decided I would wait until the end of this weekend thinking maybe they were on vacation ... they paid Friday so I shipped Saturday.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 3
latest reply